PLASTIC SPIRAL BINDING
Plastic spiral binding is very versatile and offers several advantages over wire:
- Plastic spiral binding is an economical and aesthetically pleasing alternative to wire.
- It has elastic-like flexibility and does not crush, making it extremely durable for mailing.
- Coils are lightweight and scratch-resistant.
- There is no risk of exposed sharp edges or snag hazards.
- Coils can be ordered in black, white, or a wide variety of colors, including custom Pantone®-matched (PMS) colors, which enables designers to use coil colors as a design element for their printed pieces.
- Plastic spiral binding allows for lay-flat use; however, it’s not for jobs where straight registration of the open book is required. When opened, half the book will follow the angle of the coil and will “drop” about one half a hole lower.
Plastic spiral coils start out as plastic filament, which are formed into specified sized coils before being bound into documents on our high speed Bielomatik automated binding machine. The binding process includes punching the pages, inserting the coil, and cutting and crimping the ends of the coil. Preformed plastic coils can also be used, depending on project specifications; however, they are not used on our high-speed automated Bieolmatik.
What Our Customers Say
We were extremely pleased with the recent job Binding Edge did for our company. The punch/bind in-line equipment gave us both the competitive pricing and quick turn time that we required for this project. We were initially concerned about the distance, however, the open communication before and during production made this a non-issue. We look forward to the next opportunity to work with Binding Edge.
We have been extremely impressed and pleased with the addition of the Bielomatik binding line. The smooth production process from an unbound book through the punch/bind/shrink wrap stages has reduced turn times tremendously. The cost of freight and doing business over a longer distance has essentially been eliminated by the added efficiencies of the new technology.